5 Year Strategy Summary
Students at the UCL Academy will experience an inspirational world class education built on a culture of academic excellence, social responsibility and a transformational curriculum.
Our students leave the Academy with the tools, experiences, values, knowledge and skills to fulfil their potential and play their part as global citizens in the 21st century.
Our staff are committed to exploring, testing and reviewing the most effective teaching and learning to ensure that our pedagogy is the most impactful, innovative, and transformational it can be.
Our community is inclusive, supportive, open minded and engaged. We make the most of the support of our sponsor UCL, as well as community associations and global school partners and networks.
- Broad & balanced curriculum that educates the whole child;
- Community (belonging & kindness).
This 5-year plan is the third in the Academy’s history, having been founded in 2012. Over the last ten years the Academy has established itself as a forward looking, welcoming and ambitious school. The priorities have been drawn from consultation with all our stakeholders, being students, parents, staff, Governors and Sponsor.
- UCL’s Grand Challenges continue to inform our curriculum, especially the impact of Climate Change for students’ lives through UCL’s own new 5-year strategy;
- The changing nature of the workplace. “Technology is changing the skills that employers seek. Workers need to be better at complex problem-solving, teamwork and adaptability. Digital technology is also changing how people work and the terms on which they work. Even in advanced economies, short-term work, often found through online platforms, is posing similar challenges to those faced by the world’s informal workers”;
- Raising standards and developing staff. The Academy must first ensure high standards are evident in all areas of practice and demonstrate that to OFSTED and others. Investing in staff is key not only to securing this, but is a commitment to nurture the careers and professional growth of those who work for us. As a stand-alone Academy this is even more important for our sustainability;
- Government policy for every school to be part of a strong trust. The UCL Academy, with its sponsor UCL, remains committed to exploring options for expanding the reach of its work with new partner schools.
1 The World Bank: World Development Report 2019, The changing nature of work.
Our 5 priorities for 2022-27
1. Outstanding behaviour and attitudes:
The Academy’s first priority is to ensure student behaviour and attitudes support excellent learning and personal development. Leaders will instil the culture. Academy staff must operate consistently in setting expectations, and systems must be effective.
2. Broad, ambitious and impactful curriculum:
The curriculum at the Academy not only provides a unique breadth of opportunity inside and outside the classroom, but also must ensure the impact of the curriculum results in the very best outcomes for all students.
3. Outstanding staff body (highest standards, culture of no surprises, research engaged):
The vision from UCL has always been to ensure that staff at the Academy have exceptional opportunities to develop and contribute to the wider education sector. The Academy’s CPL program and our focus on recruiting and developing outstanding staff who engage in research, remains at the forefront of the Academy’s work.
4. Outstanding whole-person education incl. a step change in parent and employer relations. Academy facilities are a centre for the community:
Ensuring that our students continue to experience a curriculum that educates the whole child, inspired and enriched by the vision from UCL. The Academy will further build on this providing even more opportunities through a step change in parent and employer relations.
5. Financial sustainability (fundraising program, prepare the Academy for a MAT):
The work of the Academy for the next five years and beyond must continue to be underpinned by detailed financial planning for sustainability. This always includes planning for a balanced budget. The role that fundraising will play will be central to that. So too will the strategy responding to multi-academisation and the financial support that may provide longer term.
Policies and Documents
All relevant and up to date Academy documents and policies can be found here:
- The UCL Academy Annual Report and Audited Accounts 2021-22.pdf pdf11.7 MbDec 13th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Annual Report and Audited Accounts 2020-21.pdf pdf4.4 MbDec 14th, 2021
- Publication of Executive Pay.pdf pdf18.2 KbApr 7th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Annual Report and Audited Accounts 2019-20.pdf pdf19.7 MbJan 11th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Memorandum and Articles of Association.pdf pdf180.5 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Funding Agreement.pdf pdf2.9 MbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Attendance Policy.pdf pdf205.7 KbJul 7th, 2023
- The UCL Academy Relationships and Sex Education Policy.pdf pdf340.5 KbMar 24th, 2023
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice for Pupils and Parents.pdf pdf339.0 KbFeb 28th, 2023
- The UCL Academy Pupil Premium Strategy Statement Autumn 2022 - 2023.pdf pdf171.1 KbDec 2nd, 2022
- The UCL Academy Pupil Premium Strategy & Evaluation 2021-2024.pdf pdf106.6 KbDec 2nd, 2022
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.pdf pdf460.0 KbNov 9th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Acceptable Use of ICT Policy and Agreement .pdf pdf357.1 KbOct 24th, 2022
- The UCL Academy COVID-19 arrangements for Safeguarding and Child Protection.pdf pdf161.2 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Aspens Nut Allergy Policy.pdf pdf271.5 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy BAM FM CCTV Policy.pdf pdf356.1 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Joint Health and Safety Policy.pdf pdf348.7 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice for Visitors.pdf pdf457.0 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy SEND Information Report 2022.pdf pdf1.1 MbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy - Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.pdf pdf1006.8 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy - Online Safety Policy.pdf pdf885.1 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy - Child on Child Abuse and Sexual Violence and Harassment Policy.pdf pdf693.1 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Whistleblowing Policy.pdf pdf489.7 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Assessment Policy.pdf pdf489.6 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Exclusion and Suspension Policy.pdf pdf525.6 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Policy for Pupils with Medical Conditions.pdf pdf561.4 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Behaviour Policy and Handbook.pdf pdf953.0 KbOct 17th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Complaints Policy and Procedure.pdf pdf788.0 KbSep 15th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Policy for Managing Serial and Unreasonable Complaints.pdf pdf462.0 KbSep 12th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Data Retention Policy.pdf pdf520.5 KbJul 15th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Sixth Form Admissions Policy.pdf pdf75.1 KbMay 5th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Foundation to Level 2P Admissions Policy.pdf pdf102.0 KbMay 5th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Charging and Remissions Policy.pdf pdf392.4 KbMar 25th, 2022
- The UCL Academy Accessibility Plan.pdf pdf79.3 KbDec 14th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Teaching and Learning Policy.pdf pdf333.8 KbNov 30th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Safer Recruitment Policy.pdf pdf308.9 KbNov 30th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Peer on Peer Abuse and Sexual Violence and Harassment Policy.pdf pdf248.8 KbNov 29th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Catch Up Funding Report 2019-2020.pdf pdf82.6 KbNov 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Data Breach Policy.pdf pdf104.4 KbNov 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG).pdf pdf158.8 KbNov 4th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.pdf pdf429.0 KbNov 4th, 2021
- The UCL Academy SEND Policy and Information Report.pdf pdf146.2 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy GCSE & A Level Grading Policy.pdf pdf166.0 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Home Learning Policy.pdf pdf380.2 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice for Visitors to The UCL Academy.pdf pdf456.4 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice for Staff - GDPR.pdf pdf98.9 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice for Registering at Testing Site - Students & Staff.pdf pdf77.2 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Equality Information and Objectives Policy.pdf pdf172.7 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Allegations Against Staff and Volunteers Policy.pdf pdf218.3 KbOct 20th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Social Media Policy.pdf pdf504.9 KbOct 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Electronic Information and Communications Systems Policy.pdf pdf465.7 KbOct 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Freedom of Information Policy and Publication Scheme.pdf pdf688.6 KbOct 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Information Security Policy.pdf pdf477.0 KbOct 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Data Protection Policy.pdf pdf476.0 KbOct 5th, 2021
- The UCL Academy Privacy Notice Addendum For Requesting Medical Data During Coronavirus.pdf pdf219.0 KbJan 21st, 2021
- The UCL Academy Community Use Plan.pdf pdf369.7 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Cyber-Bullying Policy.pdf pdf335.8 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy SMSC Program of Study.pdf pdf969.0 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy First Aid Policy.pdf pdf258.6 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Joint Health and Safety Policy.pdf pdf254.8 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Policy for Closure in the Event of Bad Weather.pdf pdf228.0 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Travel Plan.pdf pdf5.9 MbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Uniform Policy.pdf pdf480.3 KbMay 8th, 2019
- The UCL Academy Home School Agreement.pdf pdf458.3 KbJan 17th, 2019
If you would like further information regarding other policies, please contact us directly [email protected] and we will be able to respond to your request accordingly.