Working at The UCL Academy
The UCL Academy is a vibrant non-selective academy school for the 11 to 18 age group, based in Swiss Cottage. We opened in September 2012 with 180 students in Year 7 and has grown year-on-year until reaching full capacity in September 2016.
As a new school we enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and the very latest innovations in classroom technology. We are sponsored by University College London (UCL), one of the world’s leading universities, which provides a range of exciting academic opportunities for our students and staff, including master-classes, seminars and summer schools, along with use of UCL’s laboratory, library and other teaching facilities.
The Academy is organised around five Houses with every student and member of Academy staff belonging to a House. Each House has its own Superstudio space and canteen area. All the space in the Academy belongs to a Household, whose members are responsible for ‘hosting’ those facilities for the rest of the Academy community.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning
- A teacher professional improvement programme tied into appraisal, including a specialist induction programme for NQTs
- A whole school wellbeing strategy for staff and students alike
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff are Associate Lecturers and have full access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
- Suitable IT equipment for all staff members
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical and dental treatment, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide
- Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage
- Transport for London Season ticket loans available upon request
The UCL Academy cares deeply about staff wellbeing. In our commitment to our Wellbeing Strategy, we offer a range of benefits and support to it’s workforce. Please see our detailed handbook below.
Our working day
For more information about the UCL Academy, please visit our FAQs for candidates.
To see current vacancies at The UCL Academy, click here.